I’ve received a lot of inquiries of writers who feel the need to connect more with themselves through journaling. Journaling is great for everyone, whether you consider yourself a writer or not. It’s a great practice to gain clarity in your life. It is a practice that requires habit and consistency.
About 3 years ago when I first got back into the groove of writing. I started off journaling. Doing so has allowed myself to articulate my thoughts in the most effective manner. You learn a lot about your creative genius through writing.
Here is a curated list of prompts to get that journal poppin:
1. What are you thankful for today?
2. What obstacle have you overcome this week?
3. Where is your ideal vacation and why?
4. Write a letter to the child version of yourself (or teen version).
5. Write a letter of encouragement to your future self.
6. If you could hold any superpower, what would it be?
7. What makes you a great friend?
8. What is your self-care routine?
9. What do you need to make time for?
10. Go ahead, write and give yourself a compliment (or 2!)
11. What is your favorite book/movie and why?
12. What or who you inspires you?
13. Write a letter to someone you love.
14. What is something you’ve always wanted to learn?
Well folks, there you have it. 14 journal prompts to be sure to make your journal poppin with eye opening content!
Note: not all journaling is meant to share. For some of it can be very personal and strictly for self reflection.